Monday, February 28, 2011

#55 Some thoughts on the Oscars: A list

365 Blog Challenge: Post #55

1) I loved Anne Hathaway as host.  I think she's charming, funny and beautiful.  However, I wasn't feeling it from James Franco so much.  I felt like Anne was pulling his weight.  I I think he's spreading himself too thin in his 10,000 masters programs.  A co-worker of mine said that she thinks he was just being himself and she was surprised that he was even asked to be a host considering his personality, but I say he's an actor. Ham it up!

2) Love Natalie Portman. Glad she won the Oscar. I love everything she said in her speech. She seems so down to earth.  On a side note, I hated her hair.

3) Another great speech of the night, Colin Firth.  What a charming Brit.

4) Jennifer Hudson was the most blah presenter I have ever seen.  Scott holds that she is not a good actor and the only reason that she won the Oscar a few years back is because of the "I am telling you..." solo in Dream Girls.  He says anyone who does that solo is bound to win the Oscar.  So it seems, because she's obviously not much of a performer outside of singing. AND while J. Hud looked great tonight overall and looks awesome with her weight loss, I thought her butt was going to bust through her dress. Too tight in the rear! (Can't find a good picture to show this.)

5) 14-year-old Halie Steinfeld wins my vote for my age appropriate ensemble...which isn't saying much because she was the youngest nominee this year.  But I still think she looked adorable and beautiful!

6) Thank you Penelope Cruise for not getting back to your pre-baby figure apx 4 weeks after giving birth.  She still looked gorgeous, but it's so glad to see her looking imperfect! So life-like.

7) My sister pointed out to me that Jennifer Lawrence, nominee for Winter's Bone, would look exactly like a Baywatch life guard if you only saw her from the waist up.

8) Most awkward presenter(s) award goes to Justin Timberlake and Mila Kunis who seemed almost too laid back to me, like they had some kind of rapport with each other but not with the audience. (And I had no idea what JT was talking about when he said "I'm Banksy" until I saw a clip of Exit Through the Gift Shop during the documentary clips. I feel I am not alone)

9) Reese Witherspoon, 2 words- Class Act.

10) No big surprise winners of the night, am I right? At least not for the big stuff. I was hoping Jesse Eisenberg would run away with a surprise best actor win, but then we'd never hear Colin Firth's adorable speech so I suppose all is right in the world.

No comments: