Sunday, February 13, 2011

#41 Blog advice...

365 Blog Challenge: Post #41

Dear Readers,

Since I began this challenge in January, I have been thinking a lot about the content of this page and it's title.  I love the blog title New York Happenings.  It is meaningful because it is something that I began when I first came to the city (beginning in newsletter form) and the blog has changed and developed as I have changed and developed while living here.  However, I don't know if the title is still relevant to the content.  The content being anything I think is remotely interesting including books, family/friends, sports, popular culture, New York, Minnesota, etc.

There are a few options here.
1) Change the title of my blog which may be confusing to my current readers as they may need to learn a new address
2) Change the description of my blog which is currently "New York Adventures of a Midwestern Girl" to make it more relevant to the content
3) Not change anything and just deal with the fact that my content and my blog title aren't a perfect match.

I'd like some suggestions from readers so please email me or comment to let me know what you think.  Thanks all.  Keep on keepin' on.

~Lauren

1 comment:

Meg McLynn said...

I see no reason to change the title or description. Most of your posts relate directly to your NY life, and those that don't tend to relate to your Mid-western roots. And no matter how long you may have been in NYC, you're still a transplant, and you're still going to see things differently from someone who was born and raised in NYC. I like the title and the description! (The only reason I changed the title of my blog was because "A Water-Baby in the Desert" made no sense once I left Vegas and moved to Seattle.) And keep on keepin' on, I love your posts, they help me stay connected to that big city!