Wednesday, February 2, 2011

#29 Belated SAG Fashion Commentary

365 Blog Challenge: Post #29

Exciting news you guys.  I got a famous, professional fashion editor to make some commentary on the SAG fashions from Sunday night!  Oh wait....whats that?  She's not available?  Oh.  Well.  I guess you guys will have to deal with my inexpert opinions instead :). Photos from InStyle.com

Some goodies:

Natalie Portman- So much good in this picture.  What a beautiful, adorable way to display your baby bump!  However, the hair?  I wasn't feeling it.  It didn't go with the style of dress.  But I forgive you, Natalie, because the dress choice was that good.  Now go get your Oscar!  Photo by: Jon Kopaloff/FilmMagic

Mila Kunis- Oscar snubee.  This was my favorite dress of the night.  The moment I saw it I loved it, and I loved it even more when I found out it was designed by the late Alexander McQueen...not that I know much about him, just that I like a lot of his stuff and his story was so sad.  Photo by Jeff Vespa/WireImage


Tina Fey: Thank you. Tina, for wearing something other than your usual black/navy and wearing it so well!  One of the few stand-outs of the night. (Did anyone else feel the styles at this award show were fairly lackluster?)  Photo by Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images
Jane Krakowski: Another pregnant lady who knows how to dress!  Looking awesome in this silver Badgley Mischka.  My question is how on earth does a pregnant woman wear those shoes?? Photo by Jeff Vespa/WireImage

 The "I'm not so sure" category:

Hilary Swank: It's not that I don't love Hilary Swank's Versace dress, especially the color  It's that I think she looks more like J. Lo than Hilary Swank.  Hilary Swank is sleek, and sophisticated (at her best), but not diva-esque.  I think it's the hair.  Not digging it. Photo by Jon Kopaloff/FilmMagic    
Hailee Steinfeld: The first time I saw this dress, I thought it was hideous.  But the more I look at it, the more I like it, especially for this young True Grit star (14 years old I believe).  Apparently, it originally was a shorter dress but Hailee vouched for the long version, the bottom of which I think makes the dress.  (Scott however thinks this dress looks like a pinata.)  Photo by: Jason Merritt/Getty Images
The Ewwwww:

Nicole Kidman: Is it just me, or has Nicole Kidman's style progressively gotten more matronly?  She has a beautiful, lengthy, ivory body.  Show it off lady!  Stop covering up with this lace baloney.  And what's with the necklace (which I originally thought was part of the dress)? Photo by Frazer Harrison/Getty Images

Kim Kardashian: I am constantly blown away by what a pretty face Kim Kardashian has, but I feel this dress does nothing for her.  In fact, I think the metallic boob looks especially saggy, and while I appreciate that Kim is curvy, I think this makes her look bigger than she really is.  Photo by Jeff Vespa/WireImage
I'll try to be a little more prompt with my fabulous fashion insights after the Oscars!

No comments: