Monday, February 21, 2011

#47 Things to look forward to...

365 Blog Challenge: Post #47

After a dull, dreary and snowy winter, I can not wait for the snow (some of which just fell last night) to melt and the trees to bud and the sun to shine on us in NY.  I know winters around the country have been terrible.  If this is the new trend for winters, I think I'm gonna need a sun lamp and a bigger travel budget because this has been the worst NY winter in my 5 years here.  Between many snow storms, colder than average temperatures (no, not as cold as Mn but I've become a wuss), and lots of overcast days, I need some sun!

Luckily, Scott and I have lots to look forward to this spring!

First stop for me is Minnesota this weekend where I look forward to seeing my family (in-laws included!), reminding Dani who her favorite Auntie is, and seeing my sister-in-law's new house in Victoria, Mn.  We have gotten a skype tour but not quite as good as the real thing.  Going home is usually a good stress reliever for me.  Just being able to get places door to door by car is a treat!  I leave this Thursday and am hoping the weather allows me to get to Mn on time. Maybe not so tropical but fun nonetheless.

Next month, as mentioned before, Scott and I are going on a Caribbean cruise!  Yes, I am a little nervous about being in the middle of the ocean and not being able to see any land.  But from everything I hear, you're in your own little community on the ship so it's not so scary.  And the ship appears to be amazing!  Scott and I have challenged each other to climb the rock wall.  And we plan to go into the rain forest in Panama.

A few days after we return from the cruise, we have a couple special visitors coming- Heather (my sister-in-law) and Zoe (our 5-year-old-niece).  Scott has been trying to get those 2 out here for as long as I can remember and we can't wait to spoil our niece a little bit in a NY way.  We're going to see Mary Poppins and definitely will make a stop at Dylan's Candy Bar.

Last, as summer approaches (still seems so far away!), Scott's parents are going to come stay with us for a few days.  Speaking of being spoiled, they are always gracious enough to take us to a show or two while they're in town and this time we're seeing The Book of Mormon, a musical by the creators of South Park, as well as possibly War Horse in which one of Scott's former Temple classmates, Austin Durant, is making his Broadway debut.

So God, just get me through these next few dreary days (can't complain too much, no work!) and then we'll have some exciting stories and photos to share.  Hang in there troops. Spring is just around the corner!

No comments: