Saturday, February 26, 2011

#53 Once upon a time...

365 Blog Challenge: Post #53

Tonight I had dinner with my in-laws at Scott's parents' house.  Tyler, my almost three-year-old, nephew made my night.  As my mother-in-law, sister-in-law and I sat on the floor in Scott's old bedroom, Tyler sat on the bed with a guitar in his lap that is bigger than he is.  "Once upon a time," he began, "there was a girl named Cinderella..." and then filled the air with interlude music.  So maybe he's only three and doesn't know any chords or notes and can't even hold the guitar up correctly.  But it was adorable, and I felt like crying I was so happy to see Tyler in his element.   After his solo, my mother-in-law and niece, Zoe, joined him for a jam session of songs on impromptu drums (Thomas the Tank Engine book) and xylophone.  What a fun night.  Love the creativity bursting from Tyler and Zoe's cute little heads.

Grandma Judy, Tyler and Zoe

1 comment:

Scott said...

Like this a lot too!