Monday, February 14, 2011

#42 Happy Valentines Day!

365 Blog Challenge: Post #42

Happy Valentines Day all! I know, I know.  This isn't always the happiest of holidays for people.  But quite frankly, as a married lady and someone who has been with someone for the last eight Valentines Days, I don't know why we need a special day to tell the people we love that we love them.  Scott has informed me that St. Valentines Day is actually a celebration of a saint who married soldiers to their loves when it had been outlawed in ancient Roman times by the Emperor Claudius due to low numbers of men in the military.  Apparently Claudius thought that men who married and had families were harder to sway to go to war.  For his actions, St. Valentine was made a martyr by beheading on this day, February 14th.  (Feel free to correct me if I got any of this story wrong.)  So that's not super romantic.

Moral of the story: tell the ones you love that you love them daily, or as often as possible.  You don't need a separate day to do so!  But since we have been given one, I will use this opportunity to tell my friends and family (you know who you are) that I love you!  Happy V Day to all!
Flowers from my Valentine
In staying with the gory theme of Valentines day, I used an Amazon gift card sent to me by my sweet parents to buy True Blood Season 2 (vampires, blood, etc).  I just finished the first season which I received on DVD for Christmas and I love this show. And Anna Paquin is my celebrity doppelganger even though she's blonde and much skinnier than I am.  I also received some lovely flowers from my husband as well as a pre-order of Adele's new CD, 21.  We've only listened to one song from the CD which is due out on the 22nd.  But it was BEAUTIFUL.  What an amazing singer, songwriter, performer.  Check it out below.





1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the Adele video! I didn't know she had a new cd coming out, and now I'm excited.

Lindsey