Monday, February 7, 2011

#34 Super Bowl party for 2!

365 Blog Challenge: Post #34

Well, I'm not sure what did it, it may actually have been my super adorable niece being a good luck charm, but the underdog Pack beat the Steelers in Super Bowl 45 tonight (yeah, roman numerals, blah blah blah.)  And I hate to say it, but I cheered for them the whole night (even beyond just Clay Matthews).  They are a great team and deserved to win.  I always love to see perseverance pay off (that goes for the team and for MVP Aaron Rodgers.)  Before I get to pics of Scott and my two person super bowl party, can I just make 2 comments about the musical numbers of the show?

1) Christina, you killed it, including the lyrics.  (I was proud of myself for noticing even though Scott didn't.)  Oh well, she got through it and at least she can sing!
2) Black-Eyed Peas- loved the half-time show, but maybe you need a new sound editor because it sounded like sh*t.  Is it just me or was Will-I-Am's mic super loud and everyone else's not loud enough, plus you couldn't hear the instruments?  Too much vocals.  Again, at least they can sing so it wasn't too painful.  But a good visual show none-the-less.

I made Tandoori-Spiced Chicken, but Scott informed me that we have to eat pizza during the Super Bowl so we put it away for tomorrow.  Love Famiglia pizza.

Scott's reaction upon seeing that I pulled out the beer helmet from last year.
What a cutie.

I prefer caffeine-free DC in my "beer" helmet.

Noshing.

This is what Scott and I deemed "the tunnel of doom" because 4 consecutive players had to go down it after being injured in the second quarter.  You go down that tunnel...you might not come back...

Now that is actually beer, and Scott would like me to inform you that he did not finish those beer bottles in case any of you were concerned he had a drinking problem. *Eye roll*

MVP Aaron Rodgers, and who is that behind him?? None other than CLAY MATTHEWS- Rock Star and Super Bowl Champ!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

WWWWHHHHHOOOOO Pack!