Thursday, March 17, 2011

#75 Pre-Cruise Jitters

365 Blog Challenge: Post #75

Tonight I sit in the Channel Room at Grandma Judy's condo, a game room of sorts which is the only room with free WiFi in the condominium.  My blogging is being rudely interrupted by three adolescent males watching rap videos on a lap top a few tables away, drinking Arizona iced tea from a 2 gallon jug.  Annoying, but it will have to suffice.

Today, Scott and I ran some pre-cruise errands which included picking up some things we forgot (gym shorts) and things that we packed that no longer fit (stretched out swimsuit in my case).  Then we lay by the pool, swam a bit and walked on the beach before dinner at Outback.  Tomorrow we will leave the condo at 11am and board the ship early to explore and have lunch before we depart at 5pm.

I saw a cruise ship leaving port today, the Navigator of the Seas, another Royal Caribbean ship, and I got a sick wave of nausea in my stomach.  It's not that I'm scared of drowning or sharks or that kind of thing.  I just find the idea of being in the middle of the ocean without having any land in sight a bit unsettling.  Also don't love the idea of having no communication with my family for 10 days.  Scott reassures me he will take care of me.  Tonight, we will take our first dose of Bonine (anti-seasickness medication) and sleep our last night on land for 10 nights!

Here are some pics of the day.

Navigator of the Seas heading out to sea. *Gulp*

Staying hydrated by the pool in my new swim suit. (Kenneth Cole, originally $94, got it for $26 at TJ Maxx. Woot!)

Scott looks even thinner than usual in this pic.  I promise you he's eating.

Yet another trip to Walgreens for last minute needs...my husband is so fashionable.

No comments: