Monday, March 14, 2011

#68 The Lactose Problem...

365 Blog Challenge: Post #68


Ever hear women complaining how they can't get their husbands to go to the doctor? Yeah, me too. And it's true. I told Scott over a year ago to go see my GI doctor because of some abdominal discomfort he's been having...mmm...since I've known him. Finally last week, Scott decided to start listening to me, only to find out that he is pretty lactose intolerant, and he has been ordered not to eat dairy for 6 weeks. That is a tall order in general, but when we have our cruise coming up, Scott is pretty bummed. We had to send a "special needs" request to the cruise line in the hope that we can get him a lactose free diet. And since I had more time earlier this week, I went to Whole Foods to find some stuff that Scott can eat. We're talking about a guy here who loves CHEESE pizza and ice CREAM. This does not seem an easy task, but the MD told Scott it takes about 6 weeks to get the lactose out of your system to see if you're feeling better. He's being a trooper. Let's hope that Royal Caribbean can provide some good soy cheese!

No comments: