Tuesday, March 15, 2011

#69 Weigh in...

365 Blog Challenge: Post #69

I'm taking part in my work's "Healthy Lifestyle Incentive Challenge" which rewards me for meeting my activity and weight loss goals.  The program started in November and as mentioned before, I've lost over ten pounds (my goal was 6.)  The problem is I haven't been able to work out for 5-6 weeks due to my knee injury.  The only thing I can comfortably do at this point is walk, which I'm starting to do again.  Thankfully, the program is allowing me to just note my injury on my activity log, and I have moved up from the bronze level to the silver level of the program due to an 11 pound weight loss according to my weigh in from Monday!  I even won a very nice cooler from work for meeting my goal.  The next challenge?  5 more pounds by June 24th.  This is going to mean better portion control for me, at least while I'm not able to work out especially hard. (Walking is good, but usually not sufficient for me for significant loss. Man I wanna get on that ellipitical again!)  Scott and I are going to try to walk almost every day on our cruise.  And I better stop eating these Girl Scout Cookies...

I'll keep you all updated!

No comments: