Sunday, January 9, 2011

#8 Philly Visit

365 Blog Challenge: Post #8

This weekend, I went to Philly to visit my good friend Amy.  Amy and I met working as research assistants at the Bronx VA, and she is now working towards her PhD in psychology at Temple University.  She moved to Philly in August, and this is my first visit to her since then.  Here are some highlights:
Amy's cute little house.  Three floors but teeny tiny.
Funny thing about Philly is seeing all sorts of people in colonial outfits, especially in places like this mall. (Actually the Shops at the Bourse, a sorry excuse for a mall).

Amy and I went to see "I Love you Phillip Morris", and I was amused by the lengths they took to prevent people from sitting in these chairs which were "out of order" but upon inspection, nothing appeared to be wrong with them.  We decided they must actually be soiled.

Amy and the painted plants.

Here I am at Jones, a great breakfast place on Chestnut.  Notice my right eye is swollen.  That is thanks to Amy's lovely long-haired cat, Maya (and my cat allergies despite the 6+ months of allergy shots I've gotten). Pretty sexy.  At least the cat is sweet.

Amy and I went to the National Museum of American Jewish History which opened in 2010.  Did you know the first Jewish immigrants came to America in the 1600s from Brazil??

Amy and I in our Purim masks. 

I thought this was interesting because this story about a Jewish man who was accused of murder and killed by a mob is the premise for an excellent musical, Parade, which is one of Scott's favorites.

Other debauchery ensued Saturday night.  But to put it plainly, I'll just say- Four Loko! (Sorry if you got a text from me.)

Thanks Amy for a great weekend!

No comments: