Monday, January 10, 2011

#9 Two of my best girls


365 Blog Challenge: Post #9
2 of my best NY girls and I went out to dinner last night at Otto, Mario Batali's restaurant (Iron Chef!) near Washington Square Park, and we had things to celebrate.  I met these girls in my nursing program and we have since gone different directions in our careers, but remain close.  

We were celebrating Karen's completion of Columbia's Family Nurse Practitioner program for one, and Karen will continue on into their Doctor of Nursing Practice program later this month.   We are proud of her!
New FNP Karen & I


Our other reason to celebrate?  Our darling Julia is pregnant and due June 27th.  We know Julia and her husband Dan have been wanting this for some time, so we're happy they're about to get their turn at parenthood.

Pregnant Julia and FNP Karen! 
Here's to good things for my lovelies, Karen and Jules, in the year to come!  Love you ladies!
Me, Julia and Karen, happy as clams :)

1 comment:

jpv said...

I made the blog! I can cross one more thing off of my "to do before I leave nyc list." ;) Seriously, I feel really honored. Just can't wait till I can tag photos with the caption, "pregnant Lauren!"