Sunday, January 30, 2011

#27 Knitting Innuendos

365 Blog Challenge: Post #27

I recently spent some time with one of my favorite couples in the world, Karen and Paul.  As mentioned before, Karen and I went to nursing school together.  Paul and Karen were married last May, and sadly, will be leaving the city at the end of the summer to move back home to Chicago.  I am trying to take advantage of Karen's being nearby (12 blocks away to be exact).

During my most recent visit to Karen and Paul's Washington Heights apartment, Karen taught me how to knit, while Paul made sexual innuendos about all of our knitting talk.  (Big balls of yarn, thick knitting needles, you get the picture.)  Completely inappropriate, yet hilarious.

Here are some pics of a night in with two of the best people ever:
Granny Karen preparing her ball'o'yarn.
Clever Paul, dirty mind.
Granny Lo, trying to be crafty when I'm not.



So that top line is supposed to be straight but hey, it's my first time!
Big Ball O' Yarn.

Maybe if I practice enough, I'll be able to make a blanket for Dani or a scarf for Zoe or a hat for Tyler.  For now, I'll stick with getting my lines straight....or not poking my eye out with a knitting needle.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

fun w/ yarn, indeed. Keep it up, girlie, & you'll have that blanket done in no time! xoxo

Unknown said...

"poking my eye out..."
You wouldn't want to become an angry pirate.