Sunday, January 23, 2011

#22 He's not a football player...he's a rock star!

365 Blog Challenge: Post #22


AP Photo/Jim Prisching
 In honor of this weekends playoff games, I wanted to dedicate this post to one of my favorite football players, Mr. Clay Matthews III.  To be clear, as a Minnesotan, it is somewhat sacrilege to cheer for the Green Bay Packers or any of their players.  Despite this, Mr. Matthews stood out to me because, like a few other current NFL players, he has ridiculously long hair that flows out from under his helmet during games.  Being a former long-haired athlete myself, I couldn't imagine playing soccer, basketball or even softball without having my hair pulled out of my face and off my neck.  Maybe it's some sort of tough guy status symbol in the NFL, like not wearing long sleeves in 20 degree games (crazy kids.)

Anyways, so Mr. Matthew's long flowing blond locks caught my eye, but not only that.  The guys acts like a rock star!  A testosterone loaded, adrenaline pumping rock star.  He looks more like he should be a member of Guns N' Roses than a Green Bay Packer, and despite this, he is an awesome player!  He has a 13+ sack season and is a force against any team the Packers play.  He was even on the Dan Patrick Show (A podcast my sports-nut husband listens to regularly), and he used the word "bestie".  And this makes me like him even more.

So Clay Matthews III, on this playoff weekend, as your team is beating the Chicago Bears 14-0 in the forth quarter, I salute you.  Also, I pray to God that you're not doing steroids and that you're just naturally a huge, rock star oaf who is a monster of a player!  Good luck Packers! *wince*

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is your best blog yet. I love him too~ and they kicked some Bear butt yesterday (well not really, but at least they won)!!! Keep going w/ your awesome blog. I enjoy reading it every day!!!