Sunday, January 16, 2011

#16 Oh Knollwood...

365 Blog Challenge: Post #16

As a native Minnesotan, I continue to receive Star Tribune morning update emails in my inbox and occasionally even have time to read them.  Today, a headline caught my eye, and I somehow instinctively knew where this took place.  The article, Chlorine Leak at Swim School Sickens Dozens, is reporting a leak that took place at Foss Swim School at Knollwood Mall in St. Louis Park, minutes from my parents house.  While I've never taken lessons there (I believe it was established years after my lessons with Martha Burns, of which I have forgotten every swim technique ever taught), I am very familiar with the mall itself. Knollwood has to be one of the strangest, most depressing malls ever.  While I frequent their Kohls often while I'm home (affordable Vera Wang?? How could I pass that up?), the mall has an eery, empty feeling to it, at least once you pass Kohls and the swim school which appears to be a popular place.  When you venture into the middle section of the mall, you see a dollar store, a Christian book store and a random mobile phone shop, maybe a Dress Barn.  In fact, unless you're at one of their food establishments (Panera or Applebees), I may think you're a ghost going into that haunting middle section.  Despite all this, Knollwood perks up at it's other end with at TJ Maxx, and outside an Old Navy, DSW and Caribou Coffee.  I find it quite funny that they advertise on their website as "Premier Shopping, Dining and Entertaining".  Basically, it's kind of a dump with a couple good shops and apparently, a good swim school that has a chlorine leaks.  I hope for their sakes that the little kiddies are alright.  And if you plan to visit Knollwood, stay out of that middle section.

No comments: