Wednesday, January 5, 2011

#4 Famous Friends and Family #1


365 Blog Challenge: Post #4

I was recently fortunate enough to spend a few hours in NY with my cousin, Katelyn, one of my mom's sister's daughters. Katelyn is the eldest of 3 beauties! She was in NY because she is a twirler for Kansas State University and I had to give her a shout out on my blog because she and her fellow twirler were mentioned at ESPN.com after their performance in the Pinstripe Bowl at Yankee Stadium! Here's the full article: The Sound of Music at the Pinstripe Bowl, and the best line being- 



"But the most impressive performers were the twirlers -- two for Kansas State, one for Syracuse -- who performed an array of dazzling tricks with multiple batons while the bands and played and the cheerleaders cheered. "
Here are some pics of my famous cuz:
 This pic with Mr. Wildcat was taken at a game earlier in the season.
I met Katelyn after working overnight, hence the ugly green scrub pants. (Scott has no excuse for his navy and black ensemble.)

Katelyn (left) with her twirling partner, Jessica, on the subway in NYC.



Props to Katelyn and her fellow twirlers for being amazing enough to be mentioned on ESPN.com. Hope to see you in action some day girl!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love this blog. Congratulations Katelyn for being awesome & congratulations Lo for keeping up with your blog. Happy New Year. Love you both!