Thursday, August 2, 2007

A tragic birthday



Well everyone, yesterday I turned 24. The day was nice and calm until about an hour before our dinner reservation when we got a phone call from a family friend who is a Minneapolis police detective telling us 35W had collapsed. We were stomach-sinkingly glued to the TV for the next 45 minutes. I haven't had much time to write since I've been home and this morning is no exception but I wanted people to know that my loved ones and I are ok and thus far haven't known anyone who was on the bridge at the time of the collapse. It definitly was definitly a dark turn of events and put a bit of a damper on the birthday celebration. But I will have more birthdays, and now, some other people will not. Please pray for the people of Minneapolis today as we are all in shock due to this local tragedy.


(Photos from www.newyorktimes.com)

No comments: