Friday, August 10, 2007

There is a reason for this madness...

My stupid ankle problem has finally been given a name! (And I have been given a steroid injection to try to help it). Check out this article on sinus tarsi syndrome to understand why I've been in pain for the last 3 months:

Sinus Tarsi Syndrome

The most important lesson I've learned from this incident is that orthopedic surgeons are overrated....AND they dont give you enough time or attention to actually know what's wrong with you. Thank God for my old primary care doctor (Saint Pamela Cain) and my podiatrist!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there! Did you ever get the sinus tarsi resolved? I was injured nine months ago, diagnosed three months ago, but can't find a surgeon who seems to know what they are doing or who I have confidence in. Please email me juliethebolt@aol.com about what you did to find treatment. (I'm in NYC too.) Thanks, Julie