Monday, September 22, 2008

Things I've seen lately...

Late this Saturday night...more like early Sunday morning, I was riding the N train with some girls from my program at school (namely Cori, Monica and Kristin, as well as K's girlfriend Elyce) back from a birthday bar crawl in Brooklyn.  Seeing as how I had been at a play earlier and Cori and Monica had been out all day watching Columbia Football as well as Gator Football, we were all exhausted.  Monica and I snagged seats across from a white-trashesque couple, of which the woman was lying across the man's lap presumably passed out.  Part way through the trip, the woman eventually chatted a bit with her boyfriend and the guy next to us (who was either really impressed we all went to Columbia or really appalled that we were paying Columbia tuition to get a nursing degree).  The train was getting more crowded, and had it not been for my keen observational skills, I may not have even noticed that the formerly passed-out woman pulled out a small, circular tupperware container from her bag.  Monica noticed as well, however she chalked it up to being food and lost interest.  I, however, caught the woman opening the lid of the tupperware, only to see a little white mouse with a long tail running around, frightened as hell.  The woman proceeded to close the lid, smile at Mr. White Trash USA (i.e. her boyfriend) who rolled his eyes at her, and we continued on our merry way.

Sadly, I've probably seen stranger in NY. However, thought all my dedicated readers...you know...all 3 of you (*wink*)...would enjoy my little anecdote.

2 comments:

kris.cams said...

i DEFINITELY would have woken up for the mouse lady... sheesh. silly me and my narcoleptic tendencies.

BWF said...

haha... how silly of me to think her tupperware would have contained food... a mouse is much more logical...