Monday, September 1, 2008

HAAIIIR! Flow it...show it...loooonnng as I can grow it my HAAAIIIIRRR

On August 31st, Scott and I, being the crazy kids that we are, arrived at Central Park at 6am to wait in line to get tickets to Hair, which is part of these year's Shakespeare In the Park season. This rendition was directed (quite well I may add) by Diane Paulus who also happened to direct Scott's thesis production, Another Country. I just found out yesterday, thanks to PerezHilton.com that the show is transferring to Broadway. This is well deserved I think! There are spectacular performances by the actors who play Berger, Wolf and Jeanie, and many of the others as well. So here are the pics of our fun day together which began around 5:15am!!


Scott in the cab on the way to Central Park. Yes, it is still dark, but the West Side Highway has a beautiful view of the river at that time of morning!

Here is the tree that we sat underneath in line which proceeded to drop numerous acorns on us throughout the morning. Scott was convinced he would develop PTSD from the acorn attacks.

This one landed on me. I am not happy.

Scott, ducking for cover!!


Here is the sweeeetest puppy in the world, Otter, who was in line next to us. We watched him all morning and he never failed to entertain us. I want one, just like him. Unfortunately my eosinophils and basophils won't allow it.

Scott and I with our snacks. Woot for Teddy Grahams!


While we sat there for 7 hours, we had to come up with ways to entertain ourselves. I created Pepe, the acorn/stick man. He died eventually.

Scott made a collection of all of the intact acorns that he found pictured above. It was a long wait people.

But it was nice to have each other's company!

Here is the line, perhaps hard to see but let's just say it was LOOOONNNGGG. Not everyone gets tickets. It pays to get there at 6am.

Scott and I after we finally got our tickets. We are sooo happy that we get to go home and nap!

Sing and Huling came with us to the show. They get to wait in line for us next year. Sweet!

Scott sniffing the flower that was actually given to Huling by one of the character's in the show, and he then gave it to me, and we went onstage to dance at the end to "LEEETTT THE SUUUNNNSHINNNEE!" What a feel good experience!

No comments: