Monday, September 1, 2008

A reason to celebrate...


On August 23rd, much of the Maderak clan joined in the celebration of my grandparent's 60th wedding anniversary. So much to live up to! But at least we all have good role models in terms of a committed, and obviously loving relationship.  Here are some pics of the event:

The lovely couple, Grandma Catie and Grandpa Joe...smooching.
As you can see, he can still make her laugh. So sweet!
Some cousins! Myself, Eli (a freshman football player!), Shannon, Erin and Hayley
Colleen and I keeping our eyes on Mallory (2.5 years old) who is one of the most darling little ladies I've ever met.  She can't swim on her own but man those pink wings did her good.


My mom and one cute hunk of a baby, Thomas, son of my cousin Maggie and her husband Jerry.
If this pic is any indication of what a good dad my brother-in-law, Steve, will be, then I say bring on the nieces and nephews!!

Ellie and Mallory, chillin' out.
Me, Suzee (honorary cousin-in-law...not YET by marriage, but hopefully some day!) and my sister, Erin. She has our approval.
My money grubbing cousins, Hayley and Ellie, and their dad, Mike. They sure know all the tricks at their young ages!
My grandparents are presented with their gift from the kids, a digital frame, and react by saying, "What the hell is this?" Ok, not really. But that was the general idea.  They now know what it is and appreciate it greatly.
Mallory and Uncle Jim who sadly broke BOTH of his heels at different times the day of the party.  Hope your heels heal Uncle Jim!
The fam, Grandpa Joe, Grandma Catie, Uncle Joe, Aunt Janie,  Uncle John, Mom, Uncle Jim, Aunt Joanie and Uncle Mike. They only had 7 kids in their family. Geesh.
GParents and cousins, Stephen (who is moving to New Jersey! Woot woot for East Coast family!), me, Grandma and Grandpa, Erin and Joe.
The "Good Girls" as we were called by my sister, Katelyn and I.  We are shopping machines!
Suzee and Joe (he looovves to have his picture taken. Can't you tell?)
Grandpa Joe, Shannon and Great Uncle Spike (gotta love having a Great Uncle Spike in the family) the day after the par-tay.
Grandpa and Steve. They are besties.
And finally Steve, ready to get the hell out of Dodge...or just ready to hit the road for the 8 hour drive back to Mn.
Good times had by all, and as always, great to see family.  I was also quite anxious to get back to my soon to be family (e.g. Scott) and our reunion after 2.5 weeks was a great one!  Wish he could have partied with the Maderaks!

No comments: