Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Silly Little Gummy Bears....

I am having a tough time focusing today. Maybe it's because I leave for Minnesota in less than 48 hours, and I while I'm there I will turn 24, get to see my family, some of my closest friends and I won't have to think about work for almost 2 weeks. Then again, maybe its because of the Lindsay fiasco. In fact, I think that may be the more likely reason.

For those of you who don't yet know, Lindsay Lohan is my heterosexual girl crush, you know, one of those celebrities of your own sex who mesmerizes you....ok....maybe I'm the only one who has one of those...but for those of you who can't claim celebrity gossip as their guilty pleasure, I must let you know that Lindsay was arrested in the wee hours of this (Tuesday) morning for a DUI. Yes, ALREADY! Turns out (according to Perez Hilton and the associated press...both very reliable sources...I swear...) that one of Lindsay's personal assistants quit a few hours before her arrest and Lindsay proceeded to engage in a car chase the personal assistant's mother or another personal assistant (the facts are not yet clear) with Lindsay being the chaser. Speaking of chasers...Lindsay had a blood alcohol level of .13 (.08 is the legal limit)and cocaine in her possession when she was arrested after the chasee called 911.

Oh poor misguided Lindsay. My co-worker Amelia B and I have analyzed this extensively. Seeing as how I have a BA in psychology and Amelia has an MS in mental health counseling, I think we are pretty reliable sources. We've decided that since she doesn't have the familial support of Paris Hilton (who seems to be getting her shit together) she is just lacking the support she needs to get better. Her dad is an ex-con, her mother I've never had a personal problem with but who some say is just as wild as Lindsay. We've decided that the only person who can help her is her Grams, whose name I can't quite remember because I can't get to PerezHilton.com on a VA computer and because I don't want to spend anymore of my air time minutes on my new phone. She is still in good old Long Island and we all know how grounded people from Long Island are. (Actually, I've met some friendly people from Long Island....AND some not so friendly people). We even discussed how perhaps I should become Lindsay's family to support her but we decided that wouldn't have my best interests at heart because at this point in time I am lacking trust in her.

And just so you know, I am only half joking about most of this stuff. It's quite sad and I've had a lot of down time today to ponder it. I'll let you know if I come up with any solutions. Right now, I'm just glad Lindsay is following my advice by checking back into rehab. Glad I could be there for her right now.

38 hours until plane time (at the time this post is being written). Can't wait! MN: HERE I COME!!!

In the mean time, I'll continue to chow down on my gummy bears and watch the clock until 5pm rolls around. Happy Tuesday. MWA!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

u should fly out to LA just sit vigil by the jail carrying a sign saying "lilo is our royalty"