Saturday, July 21, 2007

Boot-E-Licious (in multiple ways!)

Well friends, I'm back in the boot....for my ankle that is. The resprain was causing me to walk like I had a prosthetic leg and so I called the doctor who had just received my MRI results which say nothing extraordinary other than I sprained my ankle (duh) and he wants me to wear my boot again for at least a week. When I told him the boot hurt when I wasn't walking on it because of the position it forced my ankle into, he said he knows it hurts. But it has to be in that position so it doesn't get stiff the way I usually have it. Hmph. Funny thing is, the boot makes me walk in like warp-speed compared to without the boot, so it's not the worst thing in the world. And I'm taking a break from physical therapy until I get back from Mn because it hurts. So there you have it.....I am going to have to revise my Ode to Sprained Ankles soon to add all the extra PT and MDs appointments. (Thank God I get my pay raise in October....maybe by then my ankle will be better!)

in other news (as my friend Amy L. and I like to say), I received a loving email from one of Scott's classmates, Meg, who we thoroughly enjoy and who is a fabulous actor if I may say so myself. She has lived in NY much longer than I have and she gave some wisdom on muffin-tops that I would like to share with you. So enjoy!

"FYI--I was over-exposed to the Muffintop in Queens. The amount of
Spandex made me wonder, Why did no one let these women know that
the 80's had come and, thankfully, gone? And why do they want to
squeeze themselves into clothes that are clearly WAY TOO TIGHT?
But after awhile, I discovered another phenomenon: the men in my
neighborhood found this look to be WAY sexy! I mean, I didn't get
a second glance from anyone, no matter how done-up I may have
gotten before heading to the Pathmark. But a group of men see a
Muffintop approaching could hardly keep their hands to themselves.
I came to believe that there are other ideas of beauty from those we
have been exposed to here in White USA. Clearly, the Muffintop is
on par with the Miniskirt."

Thanks Meg! We love it. Bootylicious x2!! Happy weekend!

No comments: