Tuesday, July 3, 2007

New York Happenings: Volume XIII, more blog talk

Hey everyone,
Happy summer and happy 4th of July! My lovely boyfriend and I will be celebrating by attending the Twins vs. Yankees game tomorrow at Yankee stadium. Scott thinks if I wear my Twins t-shirt that I will get beer poured on me. I'm still thinking of risking it. Minnesota pride and all.

So the last month has flown by between working 8 hour days and going to class 4 nights a week for 3 hours at a time. I'm gonna have to tell you that taking Anatomy and Physiology 1 as a condensed course was hard work. But I have been getting As on all my tests and am going for another one tonight on my final. All day I have been reviewing the endocrine system, the nervous system, the brain, spinal cord, cranial nerves, etc. I am ready to be done! Just think, 1 class closer to nursing school. Can't wait. And who would have known, but by chance, my teacher happens to work for the same department I do at the VA! (The MIRECC, Mental Illness Research Education and Clinical Center). I only found this out by looking at our department phone list and then askng her. Turns out she works for one of the MDs here who does cellular research on the brain and serious mental illness. Crazy...no...literally. I kid, I kid.

I've got a great story for all of you but in order to continue to promote my blog, I'm going to force you to go there to read it on there...assuming you haven't done so already. Just click here to find out all about "bloody eye guy".

Also, you'll want to check out the great digital photography skills of my dad on the front of my blog. He did an awesome job making me part of the city! http://newyorkhappenings.blogspot.com . I hope you all sign my guest book too...mostly so I know that people are actually looking at my attempt to entertain all of you instead of me just writing for myself and my boyfriend and a couple of my friends at work. You can also subscribe to my blog and get my postings sent to you via email. To do this, go to the blog and scroll down until you see a box on the right hand side that says "Join the mailing list". Then maybe I can stop nagging all of you to check it out. Please tell your other friends and family about it too if you think they'd enjoy it. Readership readership readership! Thats my goal! Hopefully someday, I'll feel confident enough to write that novel my mom tells me I should write. Or maybe something else I can be paid for...

Lastly this month, in an attempt to be more like Paris Hilton (again...I kid), I got a Side Kick. For those of you who aren't hip on todays gadgets, the Side Kick is basically a younger person's Blackberry. For those of you who don't know what a Blackberry is, get with it! We're living in the 21st century people! I had wanted a Sidekick for so long and finally I bit the bullet, canceled my Sprint plan (much to the chagrin of Scott who also has Sprint) and joined T-Mobile. I had T-Mobile in MN before I met Scott and loved it. Cheap and just fine for my purposes. However, T-Mobile in the city basically...well...SUCKS! If I left my Sidekick alone for more than 5-10 minutes, my service would go out and wouldn't come back on until I turned the phone off and on again. When I called to find out how to fix this, the T-Mobile representative (not the one who wished me to have a "Happy T-Mobile day" but another one) told me to turn my phone off at night to let it charge to its full capacity. This helped slightly, but not enough. 3 days after I had the phone, I was through with it because while I love being able to IM and text using a QWERTY pad on my phone, it is in fact a phone...a piece of equipment used to received phone calls. And seeing as how I don't have a house phone, it is my only means of communication with the outside world when I'm not at work unless I am emailing. Not always super convenient. So last night, I tracked down to Broadway and 82nd street and signed up for Verizon Wireless....who I have been told has the best service in the city. I also got this pretty little number. Not only does it have a QWERTY pad for my text messaging pleasure, but it is burnt orange, and who has a burnt orange phone!? Love it.

Alright, enough of my thrilling phone drama stories. I promise my blogs are most exciting than that...some of the time. So check it out! And give me some feed back! Love to all. Happy Independence Day!

Lauren
-Celebrating her independence from Anatomy and Physiology 1 as of 8pm today!

No comments: