Friday, April 8, 2011

#88 Georgetown, Grand Cayman

365 Blog Challenge: Post #88
Our last port was Georgetown, Grand Cayman.  This was basically our shopping port.  Andy, the port and shopping guide on our ship, an extremely attractive though most likely homosexual Australian, talked up Grand Cayman's shopping from the start.  The shops here carry a large amount of designer and fine jewelry, and you can haggle for a good price.  I almost was talked into buying a $2000 tanzanite/diamond ring for $650 before reason came over me, and I decided that was far too much to spend on myself.  I settled for some beautiful tanzanite earrings for much less, and that sales person was much less aggressive, which I preferred.  The water in Grand Cayman was the most beautiful blue I have ever seen! However, after spending quite a bit of money, Scott and I were too tired to go to Seven-Mile Beach, so we head back to the ship.  It ended up being a cloudy day anyways.  

George Town, Grand Cayman

There is definitely a pirate theme going around this island.  We took this picture for Tyler, our almost 3-year-old nephew who is going through a pirate phase.
On the right, a mock pirate ship on the gorgeous blue water.

I'm a happy girl after getting my tanzanite earrings.  Really liked the sales person at this store, Effy.  She wasn't too pushy and gave me a good price.

I took this picture for my sister who is obsessed with Dunkin Donuts. Who knew they had it in Grand Cayman?

Random rooster in a church parking lot. Apparently didn't like our company.

The tender boat that brought us from our ship to shore.  I just liked the name.

Scott's beautiful new Philip Stein watch.  This is one of Oprah's favorite things.  It contains a disc that emits vibrations that is supposed to interact with your biofeedback and make you feel better and sleep better.  Scott doesn't buy it but says he likes how it looks.  He better because they are not cheap!
We're getting to the end of the cruise pics to share on the blog which makes me sad.  I am sad enough being back in the world rule.  I am having cruise withdrawal.  Can't wait for our next one.  Will try not to spend so much money on that one!

No comments: