Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Things I've seen lately....

In an attempt to chronicle the weird weird things I see while living in New York, I am starting an entry entitled: Things I've seen lately....let there be many many more entries to follow!

Things I've Seen Lately:
1) When Scott and I were walking down Amsterdam a week or 2 ago, we came to a bodega at the corner of Amsterdam and 103rd and saw a possibly inebriated man with blood all over his face and arm swaying around. People were just staring at him, and upon closer inspection, I noticed he was only wearing one shoe, and his other shoe and a brief case were on the side walk a few feet away from him. Scott and I promptly walked up 3 blocks and over to Broadway before my hero of a boyfriend called 911 who sent an ambulance....well no one else was gonna do it!
2) I've seen 2 separate woman panhandling in pink Croc shoes. Either people like to donate their pink Crocs to the needy, they choose to buy pink Crocs with their panhandling money in stead of...you know...nourishment, or they don't really need to be panhandling. Will have to do some more investigating on this one.
3) Saw a kid put loads of salt onto a piece of Sal and Carmine's pizza (which is already salty/smokey tasting.) This wasn't so much weird as it was gross. Talk about hypernatremia. *wink* And for those of you who know Sal and Carmine (who have been described as "two crusty Italians", who are in their sixties and have perma-frowns), I am convinced they are a gay couple. Just a thought.
4) Lastly, I saw a panhandler on the subway last night, one who didn't smell so good and looked quite dirty, who began holding onto the pole in the middle of the car and singing "It's getting hot in here! So take off all your clothes!" However, people ate this up! He got money for singing this. So I guess his bizzaro tactic worked.

Happy Tuesday everyone. Is it Friday yet??

No comments: