Saturday, May 31, 2008

New beginnings...



This past Wednesday, I began orientation for my nursing program at Columbia...so how am I still up at 1:30am, I don't know.  However, I felt it was important, before I go into detail about my new school, that I share a couple things with everyone that I have been to busy to blog about until now.

First, on April 29th, my future sister-in-law, Heather, gave birth to her second child, Tyler Chase, in Minnesota.  He is adorable and looks Just like his dad, Travis. Scott and I can't wait to meet him next weekend when we're home for Jodie's wedding.  Zoe, Scott's niece (who now calls me Auntie Lauren which I LOVE) is apparently handling big-sisterhood quite well.  Here are some picks of Tyler Chase in his first days:




Those are some Travis cheeks right there!

                        Heather and Tyler (Mommy time!)

 
                     The whole fam including little Miss Zoe...age 2.5


    Tyler, Heather and Travis...(like I said...the resemblance is in the cheeks)


     Welcome to the world Tyler! Can't wait to meet ya!



Second, on May 21st, my fiance, Scott, graduated from his Masters of Fine Arts program in acting at Columbia University.  I am soooo proud of him, and his parents and I even sat through 2 ceremonies that were 2+ hours each.  Yikes.  The first ceremony was outside and the sun was to the east and I got this awesomely ridiculous sunburn which hopefully will disappear in time for my bridesmaid action next weekend. Here are some pics of this event as well:




    The old library on Columbia's Morningside Heights campus where the excruciatingly long ceremony took place

Awww, what a cute grad!

                                                                           So proud!
                Stupid rolled up sleeves....this is a symbol of my dedication.

                  And that V-neck was REALLY awesome.  Good times.

Now I must go to sleep but be back soon w/ pics of some new friends from school from our orientation week boat cruise.  It's refreshing to be in a program with people who care so much about their future professions, and about people, which is what their future professions are all about....to be continued...

1 comment:

Scott said...

the cutest picture ever!