Tuesday, May 20, 2008

New York Happenings: April/May 2008 Edition

Hello all,

Here I sit in my office (I swear I don't write these emails fromwork...) during my last week of full time work for the next 2.5 years.WOOOO HOOO!!! Not that an accelerated nursing program at an Ivy League school won't be work. I'm sure I'll spend all my free time sitting onmy bed in my new (HUGE) bedroom with my nose in a nursing book. But still! No more 8:30-5! No more listening to jerky psychiatrist whoget paid too much for handing off all their work to the "little people"! No more having to look decent every day. I'm talking sweatpants and flip flops people! I'm talking different schedule every dayof the week! I'm talking half days on Fridays. I CAN'T WAIT!

If you all haven't gathered from this intro that I have 3 days left ofwork (including today), and that I'm starting my combined BS/MSprogram at Columbia University School of Nursing on June 2nd, apparently we haven't talked for a while and you need to read myupdates more frequently. Although it's Tuesday today, I am taking tomorrow off to watch my fiance graduate from HIS graduate program at Columbia University. He truly is taking that big leap from being astudent to being a struggling actor (*wink wink*). HOWEVER, in the last month, Scott has had multiple interviews with 2 agents who saw him at his showcase in April. One agent is a legit agent (TV, film and theater), and one is a commercial agent (umm...commercials.) He hasn't signed with either of them yet, but they're still in talks, and in the mean time, Scott is free lancing for a manager until he gets a contract. Who knew things would go so smoothly for him!?! He even had a commercial audition last week. We couldn't ask for a much better turnout from his graduate program! (You know...except a recurrent role in a national commercial campaign that pays millions...but we have lots of time to work up to that.)

So Scott and I are both transitioning. We moved on May 10th into ournew HUGE one bedroom apartment on Riverside Drive West around158th-160th. (See pics here:http://newyorkhappenings.blogspot.com/2008/04/movin-on-up.html.) I have yet to take pictures of the furnished apartment (as we're just finishing unpacking), but will get those up on the blog soon. The area (Washington Heights) is quite a switch from our old quiet neighborhood on the Upper West Side. Lots of Latino music playing from car stereos allll day long on Broadway. However, our street is fairly quiet and we enjoy it quite a bit. The space we now have is worth the switch!I also had a visit from my mom which was her first solo trip to NY and she did great! Found her way to the bus right off the plane and traveled all around town with me for 5 days. We even found my wedding dress and tentative bridesmaid dresses. She wrote up a little bit about it which I added to my blog so check out the details of her trip here: http://newyorkhappenings.blogspot.com/2008/05/guest-blogger-mom-karen.html

I am sure there is so much more going on that I should relay to all of you, but quite frankly I am a bit overwhelmed. Between moving, having my mom visit, finishing work, having a final this Thursday, Scott's parents coming into town today, and starting nursing school next week(orientation is a week from tomorrow!), my head is in a whirl, and I will leave my funny stories for future emails. Hope all is well with you guys! Will be in Minnesota June 6th-8th for the Murray/(Jodie)Flaherty wedding. However, it's going to be a very quick trip so all of you Minnesotans should clear your calendars in August when I'll be home for almost 3 weeks before heading to Kansas for my grandparents 60th wedding anniversary and jetting back to the big city! (That's right...I said 60! Impressive huh?)

Love to everyone and wish us luck!!!
Love,
LB

No comments: