Monday, December 27, 2010

NY Blizzaga

So you may have heard we got some snow.  In fact, it looks like frickin' Minnesota here, except that people don't know how the hell to get around in it.  (Except me.  It reminded me of my University of Minnesota days, tracking through unplowed territory.)  Did I mention I had to walk home from 137th in this shiz?  Good work out.  Here's some photos to help you visualize our winter wonderland.

Here's a photo of First Avenue (I think) from the hospital during my break.  That would be a bus stuck in the snow surrounded by a harrowing blizzard.

Usually I walk from work to Penn station, but today, I'll take the bus, thank you very much.

You know, whoever came up with platform rain boots is an idiot.  Whoever wears platform rainboots in the snow is an imbicile.

How nice.  They shoveled a path big enough for one on Riverside Drive. :p

The biggest problem with snow in NY is lack of place to put it.  This is an SUV under there.  See you in the Spring!

Our building is wonderful, however, and they had a lovely path right to my front door.  Home sweet home.

Stay warm!

No comments: