Monday, August 9, 2010

Six-Flags Great Adventure- Jackson, NJ


Aug 3: Scott has dreamed of getting me to this theme park ever since he visited it a couple years ago with our friends Courtney and Bruce.  Despite my complaints that I am easily motion-sick, he convinced me to go with him and we had a great time!   The day was full with roller coasters, lame water rides, guidettes (we WERE in Jersey), many Diet Cokes to settle my stomach and 90 degree weather.  Needless to say the following days Scott and I felt hung over and our bodies felt wrecked.  We are perhaps getting too old for this kind of fun....
Creepy Old Six-Flags Guy
Creepy-Old Six Flags Guy (dancing)
Scott and I were at the park for apx 10 hours, and we rode 6 rollercoasters and 2 water rides. Perhaps we should have gotten the Flash Pass....though I don't think our bodies could have handled any more.
In the cave in line for Batman
(the roller coaster)

The Batman Rollercoaster (your feet dangle).
This was one of my faves.

I peed myself after that ride....JK.  This was after Congo Rapids.
That ride was lame, as the pre-teen girl across from us
kept saying. It actually was pretty lame.

Sure looks like I peed myself though, right?

They had these cool spray stations that sprayed a mist of water
to cool you down.  They also happened to make you
look like you had been stuck in a frozen tundra for days...
King da-freaking Ka. (King da Ka). The world's
tallest and fastest roller coaster.  It was
actually my fave (but maybe cause it was so short.)
We stood in line for 3 hours to ride this one!  

This is not us. And yes, this picture is facing the right way.
This is just to show you the Superman ride, where you ride
with your stomach down, like you're flying.  Pretty sweet.

This about sums it up.
We were quite happy to be stationary at the end of the day!  

No comments: