Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Breath of fresh air...

I just saw a clip posted on a friend's facebook status of a former Hopkins High Schooler, Chris La Tondresse, on Fox News discussing a possible new direction for evangelical youth today.  (Chris and I happened to be in 2 choirs together in the good old days, and I will vouch for him that he is a very nice guy.) While I am a very liberal, proudly democrat and not a fan of the current stereotypical evangelical philosophy and political dynamic, I was blown away by Chris's explanation of why he voted for Barack Obama this year instead of voting republican as he had before. As I said  before, Chris is a truly great person, and while we don't see eye to eye on all things, I greatly respect and appreciate his current stance on the focus of his religion, which he articulated beautifully in the clip below:

No comments: