Thursday, September 20, 2007

Jukebox The Ghost!

Jukebox the Ghost (below)

Ok everyone, I am aware I've been a sucky blogger lately. However, working full time and putting in overtime plus taking 8 credits at school (of science classes for God's sake) is kind of putting me over the edge! In fact, I stayed home Tuesday due to a nasty cold I developed (that I probably/possibly got from my friend Julia but I'll forgive her because she's fun and because its probably my fault that I've comprimised my immune system with all of this stress and activity. Awesome)


I've actually been wanting to blog all week about Julia's brother's band, Jukebox the Ghost, who Scott and I saw play last Friday at Piano's in the East Village (check out the map at the bottom of the blog people). Hopefully even those of you who don't MySpace can see that link because they are fantastic and super fun to see in concert. Very charistmatic and their creativity is abound in their shows! (Did I use abound in the right context??) They're playing tomorrow night at Piano's again if anyone is interested in going. I highly recommend them and think they could go far!! Lots of talent. (By the way, I hope you guys don't mind I stole a picture from your website...its for your benefit really...I swear!)


Maybe Perez Hilton should post something about them as when he posts artists, they seem to become HUGE over night....and it would give him something to blog about besides Britney Spears who we're all aware at this point is a train wreck and at first it was entertaining but now its just getting depressing to watch. Notice in this picture she is snapping...as if that could make up for her horrible lack of effort and awareness of choreography at the VMAs. Oh sigh.


In other news, Jamie and Steve Held (the Jamie formerly known as Flaherty) were in NY last weekend and treated Scott and I to a delicious brunch at Cafe du Soleil, despite the fact that Steve's eggs benedict took a mysterious hour to cook....it must have been an extra special eggs benedict. Also, my sis and Steve are FINALLY coming to the city today! Both of them are New York virgins so it will be an exciting trip. Lets just hope my stupid (inflamed?) ankle holds up its end of the deal and I can go places with them. Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend! I know I will with good company and another showing of Xanadu! Much love all. :) LB


p.s. Brit Brit picture courtesey of some other site that probably stole it from another site...does that count as citing my source?
p.p.s. Is it just me or is this BR model compeltely disgusting?

No comments: