Sunday, September 30, 2007

GASP!

While I have time to actually take a breath between working full time, taking 8 credits of college courses, physical therapy and regular mundane duties, I thought I'd attempt to update you all on the wonderful visit we had from my sister and her husband of just over a year, Steve.

The Bakers came out on Thursday, 9/20. On Tuesday, 9/18, I was sick in bed. My ankle was (still is) inflamed/irritated. And I was worried I wouldn't be able to show them a good time. However, between the three broadway shows they saw (including 2 with Scott and I), the late show with David Letterman (they saw Paris Hilton), walks through Central Park, seeing Sarah Jessica Parker on the street, visiting Yankee Stadium, shopping at Loehmann's, Century 21 and in Soho, a visit to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island....I think they found enough to keep them busy and I kept up Thursday-Saturday afternoon until my studies called and I had to review my notes for a Microbiology quiz (whose ass I kicked.) Here are some pics of the highlights of a very memorable trip!

My brother-in-law, Steve, having his first slice of New York pizza at Koronet's



Erin and Steve in Time Square



Erin and Steve at Phantom, the first night they arrived.




Scott and I at Phantom (which was amazing btw. I cried.) Apparently we are Broadway veterans and don't feel the need to dress up (and I can only wear tennis shoes anyways).



We had a problem with the air mattress pump and only got it blown up this much before it died....Steve didn't seem to mind and yes, he actually slept on it like that. What a trooper.


Erin and I eating our Pax breakfast in the subway station (not super pleasant) and naturally I dripped breakfast wrap juice all over myself. Awesome.



This is what Ground Zero currently looks like.


Steve has become a mini-Alex (that's my photographer father for those of you who don't know) since he's been living in the Bachnick household. Not too shabby! This is on the ferry ride to the statue of liberty.


Such cute tourists aren't they?




I swear they took me along just to take pictures of them....jk :)



We made it to Ellis Island and tried to look up my grandpa Joseph Maderak, but there was no record of him. Think he spelled his name different when he came from Poland and we didn't have time to find out in our rush to get back for another show!!



Umm...some guy was randomly dressed up as Spider Man in Battery Park when we were leaving and Erin and Steve got quite the kick out of him. He took his picture with both of them (but requested a "tip"). I think I see enough weirdos in New York so didn't really want my photo with him.



Spider Man really liked my sister. I think he thought she was Mary Jane.



Erin and I before dinner at Cafe du Soleil and XANADU!!! Notice I'm still wearing tennis shoes. BOOOO.




Scott and I in Time Square before Xanadu. We actually have never had our pic taken in Time Square so it's kind of a nice pic to have!


Scott and I holding up 2 fingers to symbolize our second time seeing Xanadu. We sat on stage and it was AMAZING!! BEST SHOW EVER! (Except for the actress who hit on Steve, Scott and Erin. I felt a little left out. Must have been the tennis shoes.)



Realizing we didn't have a picture of all 4 of us, we decided to take one ourselves on the train. I'm wearing a tube top people. I'm not topess. Come on.



Steve and Scott bonding at Ginger's (this great, cheap Chinese resturant at 38th and 7th). How cute. :)



So we actually did get a picture of the 4 of us at Gingers but Scott and I looked cuter in the one where I look like I'm topless.


Erin was very proud that she found New Yorkers who were nice (because I had complained about the not niceness of some NYers). This is one of those nice New Yorkers, Jimmy who is a manager at Apple Jacks Diner (a place Scott and I frequent when we're in Time Square because its all we can afford. And its not too shabby.) Jimmy was quite interested in Steve and Erin's suburban life. He lives in Queens.

What a trip right? More photos at this photo gallery my dad made for Erin. Check them out if you need some amusement. Happy Wednesday.

No comments: