Friday, August 8, 2008

I am officially a quarter of a century old....


Hi all! 
I must apologize yet again for being such a horrible blogger. However, when you read my next New York Happenings email (to be sent later today hopefully) you will understand!

Anyways, after a terribly stressful, intense yet enlightening 9 weeks of classes, we took our last final on August 1st at 8am (which just HAPPENS to be my birthday! Woot woot!)  So what did we do that night?  Naturally, Scott and I, along with 4 of my nursing school buds (and one nursing school bud's husband), Sing, Jamalyn and Dominic Hersman (yes from elementary school) and his lovely lady friend, went out on the town to Mama Mexico on 102nd and Bway for a Mexican celebration.  It was fabulous and here are some pics to prove it:



Me and my main squeeze


Me being excited about getting gifts!


Karen and Julia. My 2 nursing school besties.  Miss you ladies!

Amos and Alex, 2 soon to be fantastic nurses and fun people at that!


Jamie and I :) 


Someone sneaky (and I suspect it was Karen or Julia....) told the mariachi band it was my birthday so I was serenaded with "Happy Birthday to You" in a festive style, and then received a shot of some unknown alcohol as did the rest of my table. What a fiesta!




Always fun to do shots with your elementary school friends....see how much we've grown?! (And that is his lovely lady Andrea next to him)


What do nursing students do to relax after taking 5 finals in 5 days?  They take shots!...instead of giving them???
And I received this delicious strawberry cake which I ate mostly by myself much to my chagrin...(ahem)...

It was a fun night and I thank everyone for spending it with me!!!

2 comments:

Scott said...

I don't think you got who summoned the mariachi band correct...

Unknown said...

That is SO cute Scott. You are going to be a great husband!!!