Friday, February 15, 2008

"What's that?"....."It's a candy bar wrapper..."- RENT

For those of you who have been reading NYH since it's beginnings, you know that I greatly dislike it when New Yorkers (I swear I never saw this in MN), just non-chalantly drop their wrappers and garbage on the ground like it's their own personal garbage can. It actually infuriates me. So last night, while sitting on the subway, minding my own business at the 145th street stop, 2 teenage guys get on and are holding the doors open for their friend. This is highly annoying because the doors have tried to shut about 3 times, and they're disrespecting the 100+ people who are on that train who have worked all day and just want to get home to their Valentines. All to get one slow ass guy on the train. So I was already pretty annoyed with these boys. Then, as if my disdain weren't great enough already, one of them dropped his kit kat wrapper directly onto the ground in front of the subway door without a second thought. I gave him a crusty look, straight in the eye, and he didn't flinch.

So last night, when I got off the subway at W 103rd, I picked up that kit kat wrapper and handed it to the kid and said "I think you dropped this." He looked more confused than ever. And I think, my friends, I am officially a Minnesotan New Yorkers.

No comments: