Friday, June 9, 2006

Volume I: June 06

Hello All,

Since nothing super concrete has happened yet to define my life in New York, I thought I'd send an email of brief happenings to keep you all up to date. Also, if you're getting this email, I must likely miss you as well. So here goes:

1) Was ditched by Super Shuttle (shuttle service from JFK airport) after midnight and shared a cab to the city with a photographer named Monte, originally from Chicago who lived in Washington Heights.2) Tried to take a shortcut from the train in New Jersey to get to IKEA to order our furniture and ended up having to take an extra monorail, bus and then walk a mile and a half to get to the actual store. Boo.3) Drove a 10 foot Uhaul truck in Manhattan to move things from Scott's old apartment to our new one. (It was only 4 miles however.)4) Killed a cockroach in my underwear in my new apartment. I cried because the thing was so creepy.5) Broke out in hives after drinking a Banana Coconut Frappucino from Star Bucks...though we're not sure that it was the culprit.6) Ruined our IKEA coffee table by screwing in a piece backwards which wasn't reversible.7) Had a job interview at Mount Sinai's Rehabilitation Medicine division for a research assistant position in spinal cord and traumatic brain injury. Hopefully I didn't blow it when I'm a little rusty at stats. Doh!

Quite frankly my friends, adjustment is hard. But I have been enjoying myself with Scott and love our new apartment despite our difficulties. Will write more when I know more about what my life will be like here in NYC. Love you all,Laurenp.s. Tara and/or Char- will you pass this email on to the other techs and holter ladies? Much love! Miss you guys!

No comments: